Independent IT Consultant
- Relocated a small business to a new location. Setup and tested equipment, network connectivity to their server, Internet and printing. Also, providing on-going support.
- Configured Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 server on a Dell T110 II platform for a small business to function as a file server and as an L2TP VPN server; Configured VPN connections on all user's machines.
- Providing on-going support for a small business's four Windows 7 Pro workstations, one Windows 8.1 laptop and two servers.
- Upgrading a small office from Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003 and Windows XP workstations to Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7 Pro wordstations.
Before going out on my own I was the Operations Manager for a school. I was responsible for the network infrastructure, including workstations, servers, switches, and wireless access points. Also, I have been designing some website pages for the different programs the school offers. Below is a summary of my responsibilities:
- Designing web pages for each program offered
- Server and Workstation Installations and Repairs
- Microsoft 2000/XP/2003/SBS 2003/Home Server/Server 2008
- Microsoft Office 2000/2002/2003/2007/2010
- Linux - Fedora/SUSE/Ubuntu, among others, configured for desktop and LAMP server
- Local Area Networks/Home Networks
- Secured Wireless Configuration
- Sun OpenOffice
- Novell Netware
- Symantec/AVG Antivirus (commercial and personal versions of AVG)
- CheckPoint/Microsoft/Shorewall/ Zonealarm Firewalls
- pfSense - as a firewall and with Squid / SquidGuard for URL control using whitelists and blacklists.